MotherShip by Sam Wise ___ PLEASE REFRESH PAGE FOR WEB FONTS

Friday 16 October 2015

No-One Is There



Now and then I'm scared when I seem to forget
how sounds become words or even sentences
No, I don't speak anymore and what could I say
since no-one is there and there is nothing to say

So, I prefer to lie in darkest silence alone
listening to the lack of light, or sound
or someone to talk to, for something to share
but there is no hope and no-one is there.

No, no, no, not one living soul
and there is nothing left to say
in darkness I lie all alone by myself
sleeping most of the time to endure the pain.

I am not breathing a word, I haven't spoken for weeks
and yet the mistress inside me is (secretly) straining her ears.
But there is no-one, and it seems to me at times
that with every passing hour another word is leaving my mind

I am the mistress of loneliness,
my court is deserted but I do not care.
The presence of people is ugly and cold
and something I can neither watch nor bear.

So, I prefer to lie in darkness silence alone
listening to the lack of light, or sound
or someone to talk to, for something to share
but there is no hope and no-one is there.

No, I don't speak anymore and what should I say
since no- one is there and there is nothing to say?
All is oppressive, alles ist schwer,
there is no-one and no one is there

No comments:

Post a Comment