MotherShip by Sam Wise ___ PLEASE REFRESH PAGE FOR WEB FONTS

Saturday 16 April 2016

Suicide Extra Quotes

Read all about it!


A man went into a library and asked for a book on how to commit suicide.
The librarian said: "Fuck off, you won't bring it back."


"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide." - Mahatma Gandhi.


"Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?" – Albert Camus.

Undertaker #1
Monty Python's Flying Circus, SE01 EP11 1969

“… and later lo and behold it turned out to be Goethe who wrote a book about how foolish it was to be born and scores of German youths committed suicide after reading it and when I tried to read it to see whether I would feel like committing suicide I couldn’t get interested so here I am alive and in circulation.” – Carl Sandburg to Thomas Hornsby Ferril, 22 May 1951.

Goodbye Cruel World

"The destructive character lives from the feeling, not that life is worth living, but that suicide is not worth the trouble." - Walter Benjami.

 
 "Things just went wrong too many times." - English Comedian Tony Hancock, suicide note.


“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.” - Friedrich Nietzsche.


“Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” - Seneca.


“There comes a time when you look into the mirror and you realize that what you see is all that you will ever be. And then you accept it. Or you kill yourself. Or you stop looking in mirrors.” - Tennessee Williams.
 

“Killing oneself is, anyway, a misnomer. We don't kill ourselves. We are simply defeated by the long, hard struggle to stay alive. When somebody dies after a long illness, people are apt to say, with a note of approval, 'He fought so hard.' And they are inclined to think, about a suicide, that no fight was involved, that somebody simply gave up. This is quite wrong.” - Sally Brampton, Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression.


“People pontificate, 'Suicide is selfishness.' Career churchmen like Pater go a step further and call in a cowardly assault on the living. Oafs argue this specious line for varying reason: to evade fingers of blame, to impress one's audience with one's mental fibre, to vent anger, or just because one lacks the necessary suffering to sympathise. Cowardice is nothing to do with it - suicide takes considerable courage. Japanese have the right idea. No, what's selfish is to demand another to endure an intolerable existence, just to spare families, friends, and enemies a bit of soul-searching.” - David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas.


“Suicide is a form of murder - premeditated murder. It isn't something you do the first time you think of doing it. It takes getting used to. And you need the means, the opportunity, the motive. A successful suicide demands good organisation and a cool head, both of which are usually incompatible with the suicidal state of mind.” - Susanna Kaysen, Girl, Interrupted.

 

“It is not worth the bother of killing yourself, since you always kill yourself too late.” - Emil Cioran, The Trouble With Being Born.

Suicide vacation

“But in the end one needs more courage to live than to kill himself.” - Albert Camus.

My reason for suicide

I myself spent nine years in an insane asylum and I never had the obsession of suicide, but I know that each conversation with a psychiatrist, every morning at the time of his visit, made me want to hang myself, realizing that I would not be able to cut his throat. Antonin Artaud
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/suicide.html
"I myself spent nine years in an insane asylum and I never had the obsession of suicide, but I know that each conversation with a psychiatrist, every morning at the time of his visit, made me want to hang myself, realising that I would not be able to cut his throat." - Antonin Artaud.


"No one ever lacks a good reason for suicide." - Cesare Pavese.


"There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide." - Albert Camus.

Undertaker #2
Monty Python's Flying Circus, SE01 EP11 1969

Related


Stranger to the world



Nick Drake - Things Behind The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment