MotherShip by Sam Wise ___ PLEASE REFRESH PAGE FOR WEB FONTS

Tuesday 10 January 2017

Paved With A Little Pain

Dot Allison

From the album Room 7½





If I was a preacher
I would kneel and say a prayer
And if I was a gambler
I would save myself for you

If I was a hunter
I would stay at home with you
And if I was a soldier
Do you know I would give you all my guns

I've got to go because I love you
The road we took was just in vain
But can't you feel it getting colder
Our love came with a little pain

But if I ever hunger
I’d write you poems for my food
But if I was a teacher
Do you know I'd say we wrote the book

I've got to go because I love you
The road we took was just in vain
Where every path I take leads to you
And it comes paved with a little pain
My love I'd take that same road again
Although it's paved with a little pain


No comments:

Post a Comment